Improving the Shopping Experience
Cold aisle syndrome is the chilly and often uncomfortable temperature experienced by shoppers in the refrigerated departments of supermarkets and convenience stores.
It is caused largely by the spillage of cold air from refrigerated, open front multi deck food display cabinets. Many retailers recognise that cold aisle syndrome can compromise the shopping experience. Aircell® has smaller cells, with greater integrity of the shorter air curtains, resulting in less chilled air spillage from the cabinet. This in turn will reduce cold aisle syndrome.
- Refrigerated aisle temperatures in leading supermarkets measured at up to 6.5°C lower than the store ambient
- Aircell® reduces chilled air spillage from the cabinet, limiting the impact of cold aisle syndrome
- Improving the shopping experience for customers
- Providing a more comfortable working environment for supermarket employees
- Eliminating the need for costly heating regimes and cold air retrieval systems to temper the chill factor