Aircell® Cost and Energy Savings
Reducing Energy Consumption
The Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) Energy Saving Scheme has mandatory monitoring and pricing implications for operators using more than 6,000 MWh of electricity per year.
The scheme is having a significant impact on supermarkets, where refrigeration may account for up to 50% of energy usage. Refrigerated display equipment represents an area in which significant savings may be made. Independent tests have proven that Aircell® delivers substantial reductions in energy consumption.
Independent tests, on both sides of the Atlantic, have established that Aircell® delivers substantial reductions in energy consumption. Third party tests, conducted in the UK and carried out under BS EN ISO 23953, established that a cabinet incorporating Aircell® technology consumed up to 50% less energy than an identical cabinet without the Aircell® system.
- 30% to 50% less energy consumption compared with conventional open front, refrigerated multi deck display cases.
- Substantial savings in energy costs.
- Meeting the Carbon Reduction Commitment.
- Reducing the carbon footprints of supermarkets.
- Stable holding temperatures for greater efficiency.